Skiing and snowboarding gear needs to keep you warm and dry when you’re flying down the slopes on those cold winter days. This means waterproof or GORE-TEX jackets are a great way to stay comfortable. Made with breathable and lightweight material, it's great for those who will be sweating it out on the slopes.
With the chilly days in the snow, prepare to stay warm with thermals, fleece and other warm accessories to layer under your waterproof ski gear. Comfortable, high-quality gear from Arc’teryx will be priceless when the snow starts falling!
What are the features of jackets, shoes & pants for skiing and snowboarding?
Women’s ski apparel is important to get right so you can ski or snowboard down any mountain comfortably day after day. Arc’teryx knows good ski gear and makes high-quality ski clothing, ski jackets and ski apparel to help you make the most of your time in the snow.
- Waterproof: When you’re hitting the slopes day in and day out, the last thing you want to be is wet from snow and rain. Make sure you have high-quality waterproof pants, a shell jacket and shoes to stay comfortable skiing or snowboarding all day. At Arc’teryx our waterproof gear has waterproof zips and seams and is windproof to ensure you’ll be fully protected against the elements.
- Breathable: It’s hard work skiing, snowboarding or going cross country. Even though it's cold out, you still want gear that breathes and keeps you comfortable so you aren’t sweating too much or overheating. GORE-TEX jackets and gear are a great option as it’s a breathable, waterproof material that is great for the snow.
- Insulated: When it comes to layering, you want to make sure you’re warm on the slopes during those cold winter days. Insulated jackets and gear will keep you snug and cosy so you can ski in comfort. Arc’teryx has both natural and synthetic down options to keep you warm.
- Quick drying: While your gear is bound to get wet after a big day on the mountain, you want to make sure it's dry and good as new the next morning. Look for gear with synthetic materials and quick drying properties so you can start everyday fresh and comfortable.
How do I layer women's snow jackets, shoes & clothes?
When preparing for outdoor adventures, the layering system is a wonderful solution to keep you warm, dry, and comfortable when moving through the elements.
The layering system consists of three basic layers:
- Baselayer: This keeps moisture away from your skin and aids in controlling body temperature. Think of wearing a lightweight top or pants here.
- The mid-layer is utilised to retain the heat your body produces. Depending on how chilly it is, you might want to wear an insulated jacket, or a fleece if it’s a bit warmer.
- Your outer layer will serve as your barrier against the elements. This is especially important in the snow. Look for a waterproof jacket to help you stay dry when you’re hitting the slopes!
Depending on how cold or wet it is, there are more layers you can add to stay warm. Explore Arc’teryx comprehensive layering guide to make sure you’re equipped for winter!
Explore the versatile range of women’s skiing and snowboarding gear to find the perfect equipment for your next adventure! Shop online today at Arc’teryx New Zealand.