Outdoor and rock climbing clothes are designed to help you move up rocks, not only easily, but also safely. The right clothing from Arc’teryx has been made to protect you against abrasions, chafing and harness rub.
A big factor to consider when choosing the right climbing gear is the weather. When it's hot outside you’ll want shorts or mid-calf length leggings like capris, a loose shirt like a t-shirt, tank top, or sports bra, and a billed cap to protect your face from the sun. If the weather starts to cool off, zip-off pants are excellent to have in your climbing pack to change into.
When the weather is chilly, consider extra layers of clothing that will keep you dry and insulated from the wind, rain, and snow. For climbers, Arc’teryx has a wide variety of pants, base layer shirts, and insulated jackets, all with waterproof options.
What are the features of climbing clothes for women?
Women’s climbing apparel is important to get right so you can climb or boulder up any mountain comfortably all day long. Arc’teryx knows good climbing gear and makes high-quality rock climbing gear and rock climbing shoes to best work for you.
- Protection: Cuts, bruises and scrapes can be avoided when climbing or bouldering with long pants to shield them from sharp or rough edges.
- Durability: Choose clothing with a durable fabric that can withstand rock and harness rubbing. When in difficult climbing situations, you want to be able to rely on the quality and safety of your clothing and equipment.
- Mobility: All of your climbing gear needs to have plenty of stretch for those heel hooks and lengthy reaches to make scaling rocks as easy as possible. You’ll also want to ensure that your clothing is form-fitting so that it doesn’t snag on rocks and hinder your movements while climbing.
- Breathability: Climbing and bouldering is great exercise and you'll work up a sweat! Look out for clothing made of moisture-wicking materials to help keep you cool and comfortable on the climb.
- Comfort: The last thing you want to be thinking about when scaling great heights is sweaty fabrics, inconvenient zippers, or too-tight pants! Make sure that your pants have easy-to-reach pockets for your chalk. Make sure your clothing is comfortable and well-fitting so you can focus on climbing.
How do I layer climbing jackets, shoes & clothes for women?
When preparing for outdoor adventures, the layering system is a wonderful solution to keep you warm, dry, and comfortable when moving through the elements.
The layering system consists of three basic layers:
- Baselayer: This keeps moisture away from your skin and aids in controlling body temperature. Think of wearing a lightweight top or pants here.
- The mid-layer is utilised to retain the heat your body produces. Depending on how chilly it is, you might want to wear an insulated jacket, or a fleece if it’s a bit warmer.
- Your outer layer will serve as your barrier against the elements. This is especially important when climbing in the rain or snow.
Depending on how cold or wet it is, there are more layers you can add to stay warm. Explore Arc’teryx comprehensive layering guide to make sure you’re equipped for winter!
Explore the versatile range of women’s climbing clothing and gear to find the perfect equipment for your next adventure! Shop online today at Arc’teryx New Zealand.